The Centre for Reformation and Renaissance Studies (CRRS) at Victoria University in the University of Toronto is a research and teaching centre. The CRRS is a library devoted to the study of the period from approximately 1350 to 1700; supervises an undergraduate program in Renaissance Studies; organizes lectures and seminars; and maintains an active series […]
New at CRRS
James Andrew Carscallen (1934–2016) This past 14 March 2016, the scholarly community in Toronto lost one of its most beloved members – Professor James Andrew Carscallen. Born on 21 July 1934 in Wallaceburg, Ontario, Jim was a gifted pianist, passionate bird watcher, and avid gardener. He was also a Rhodes scholar and a gentleman. […]
****The Deadline for Abstracts has been Extended to May 9, 2016**** CFP for CRRS Panels at RSA Chicago, 2017 Organized by: Andrew Fleck, Associate Professor of English, University of Texas at El Paso and Mark Rankin, Associate Professor of English, James Madison University The Language of Reform Five hundred years ago, when Martin Luther drafted his […]
- CRRS Congratulates Dr. Colin Rose!
- CRRS @ RSA
- CRRS Congratulates Tianna Uchacz!
- New Publication: Crusade Propaganda in Word and Image in Early Modern Italy: Niccolò Guidalottos’ Panorama of Constantinople (1662)
- This Semester: Musicians in Ordinary Present “Sweet Swan of Avon”
- Winter Newsletter 2015-2016
- DEADLINE NEXT MONDAY (15 December) – Call for Proposals: CRRS Panels at RSA 2017, Chicago, Illinois
- Call for Applications: CRRS-RSA Research Grants